Band Recommendation: Wolf Alice

This month's band recommendation is the alternative rock band called Wolf Alice. The band consists of 3 men, a drummer, bassist and guitarist, then a female singer who also plays guitar. The band have very 'nice to your ears', new and vibrant music with a good, young look to them. Ellie Rowsell (the lead singer) has a slightly unique, and delicate sound to her voice which is shown in most of the songs they have made, especially the song 'White Leather' which is definitely a favourite of mine. This song (like most others) has soft and light guitar and drum parts to amplify Ellie's voice which is pulled off really well!

The band from London have been nominated for NME Awards for the 'Best New Band.' When I realised Wolf Alice were nominated I was genuinely pleased for them as I really don't think they have enough popularity yet (usually I get frustrated if a band I like get really popular but this one deserves it.) However, they seem to be quite popular in Leeds as they are playing at Live at Leeds in May and Leeds Festival in late August which I am definitely looking forward to as I am going to Leeds Festival, no doubt they will be awesome.

To everyone who hasn't heard of Wolf Alice you should definitely listen to them! They can be found on Spotify and Youtube. I have linked one of their music videos from Youtube called 'Bros.' I've done this one as it's joyful and happy and my favourite, the music video is cool too.


No comments:

Post a Comment