Vinyl's You Need.

For a while I have been interested and wanting to collect vinyl's. So when my dad came home around February with a vinyl player and a vinyl by The Jam, it's safe to say I was happy.




A few months on and I have a fair amount of vinyl's, enough to tell you all the top 5 vinyl's I have collected and I think you should collect.






5 : Antares Mira Sun - Tame Impala.
I have chosen this because overall I think it is a great EP, whether it is on your iPod, CD, cassette tape or vinyl. I believe that the best way to listen to a vinyl is when you are sat on your bed, watching it spin around with the music playing as loud as possible, so when you are doing exactly that with this psychedelic EP on, it's almost hypnotising. So to anyone who hasn't got this on vinyl, or hasn't even listened to this EP yet, please do so.



 (I also recommend getting Tame Impala's most recent album, Lonerism. It is an amazing album which I unfortunately do not have on vinyl yet, but I will do sooner than later!)



4 : Blood Sugar Sex Magik - Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Literally 2 days ago I bought this album on vinyl. It is one of my favourite albums and on of the albums surprisingly I know every single word to. I can't listen to it without jumping around the room and screaming the words at the top of my voice, which is a bit harder to do with vinyl because you don't want to scratch it by jumping, especially when you have big feet like me. However turning the volume up and screaming and jumping in a different room never hurts anyone, sometimes my dad even joins in. Overall, I promise that if you get this album you will enjoy every second of it whether you are sitting down or jumping around like a maniac.




3 : The John Lennon Collection - John Lennon.
No one can deny that John Lennon was (and still is) brilliant. So listening to an album full of his amazing solo songs that have been released throughout the years is a great thing. The songs on this album sound incredible on vinyl, especially with the crackling in the background slightly. However, the one song I wish was on this album was Mother as it is my favourite John Lennon song alongside Watching the Wheels. But overall, we all need this album.




2: Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd.
This is another one of those incredible hypnotising albums that you have to watch the vinyl spin round for. I actually prefer this album on vinyl than a CD or iPod etc. One of the reasons why is because when listening to this album on vinyl, I couldn't tell for a while whether the vinyl is warping or if it just the way the song 'Speak to Me/Breathe' goes, either way is sounded cool. Luckily I realised on the bus home one day that that is way the song goes, which just made me want to listen to the album even more.




1: Abbey Road - The Beatles.
Everything about this album is amazing and definitely my favourite album overall on vinyl. From the crackling to watching it spin around to jumping around the room screaming the words to 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer.' Some of it even sounds a bit psychedelic! For me, this is album all vinyl lovers should have. Because I am currently revising for my GCSE's pretty much all the time, I enjoy listening to music whilst doing so and this is the perfect album to revise to! We all need this album in our lives.





I hope I have encouraged you to go out and buy these vinyl's! The HMV in Leeds sells them now as well as stores like Jumbo Records and Crash Records, so if you are near a HMV you should go in and have a look!


No comments:

Post a Comment