'48:13' Kasabian Album Review.

On the 10th of June, Kasabian released their new album '48:13'. The name comes from the total time it takes to listen to the album, however I have definitely listened to it for more than this time as I am completely obsessed with it. The band decided the name of the album half way through the making of it so it just shows that the time and effort that went into making the songs their exact timing was unbelievable. The bands lead guitarist Sergio Pizzorno said '48:14 doesn't sound right' and as outgoing and strange as he is, he somehow has a point.

The album described as 'electronic and neo-psychedelic' is by far the best album I have listened to this year or maybe even longer. I listen to the album and end up getting neck-ache from consistently nodding for the 48 minutes and 13 seconds. The first song on the album called '(shiva)' is an instrumental, but suddenly you realise that this album is going to be something good when the volume slowly rises as a build up. The song instantly merges into the next song that's called 'bumblebee', where as soon as it starts you are dropped head first into this huge, heavy song that blows your mind. Its the heaviest song on the album and definitely the one you head-bang to. I feel this song in particular is slightly different to the others as a genre because I see it as a definite heavy rock style of music, whereas the others are still rock, but with a more electronic feel.

Even though I could go on for days about every single song, I am going to skip to my favourite one called 'treat'. The song is almost seven minutes long and there was no point in the song I lost concentration or got bored, everything was new and had a build up or instrumental. The instrumental in particular is my absolute favourite section of the 7 minutes as it turns into what sounds like a late 80's/early 90's house track, I completely fell in love with it.

Then there is the most popular track of them all to the public, the song 'eez-eh'. This song replays itself in my mind for almost every hour of the day apart from when I am sleeping...In fact I wouldn't be surprised if one night I have sang it in my sleep, which is ironic as the main lyric in the song is 'gonna keep you up all night'.

I couldn't fault this album what so ever and I believe due to this album, Kasabian have literally worked magic and reached their best.

I am not going to link any of the songs from the album onto this review as I genuinely believe you need to listen to the album in order or even just buy the album because you will like it. If not you can't be concentrating properly as its bloody brilliant.


No comments:

Post a Comment